PayPal is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders (Wikipedia).
Despite its worldwide usage, some countries are blacklisted to use PayPal for online business transactions, and Ghana is not an exception. I have been using PayPal in Ghana for many years with no restrictions and I want to share my experience with you on how to create and use a verified PayPal account in Ghana. Please follow every step in this guide and create a successful PayPal account today.
NOTE: THIS GUIDE IS NOT FOR SALE
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR OPENING A PAYPAL ACCOUNT
1. UBA Africard (Visa)
2. First Name: Myfirstname
3. Last Name: Mysurname
4. Email Address: email@example.com
5. Business Name: Forzes
6. Phone Number: 0123456789
7. Date of Birth: Month/Day/Year (06/28/1900)
8. Voter ID/Passport Number: 123456789
9. Billing Address: This is normally found on ur utility (light) bill, e.g. St1-Obuasi-BRAHABEBOME, OUBASI, BRAHABEBOME ASHANTI WEST, Obuasi, Ashanti Region
Since Ghana is not listed among the countries supported by PayPal, we will use a different country’s address. In this case, we will use Kenya. This won’t cause any trouble. TRUST ME!
If you want to avoid troubles, don’t login to your PayPal account on different devices and IPs. Always login with the same IP or device to avoid PayPal detecting you as a fraudster and placing limitations on your account. However, should something happens and PayPal attempts to limit your account, you can upload screenshot of your address as proof to them and they will lift the ban so please try and use a valid address when signing up account. Also, never use any proxy, maintain your Ghana IP address.
HOW TO CREATE A VERIFIED PAYPAL ACCOUNT In Ghana
1 . Sign Up with this PayPal address: www.payapl.com/ke
2. On the PayPal Homepage and Click Sign Up
3. Click Personal Account. Please, don’t click on Business Account at this stage. We shall do that later. I know what I’m saying so click on PERSONAL ACCOUNT
4.Provide your valid email address and password in the spaces provide. NB: Password must be a combination of Capital letters, small letters and numbers. (eg. ePaypal408).
5. Fill in your personal details after Activating the email PayPal sent to your inbox.
6.Where you are supposed to fill in your phone number, you will see MOBILE on the drop-down menu. Click on it and choose HOME. Maintain the country code and fill in the remaining 9 digits of your phone number. That is, if your phone number is 0123456789, just remove the 0 and put 123456789. Click Agree and Continue
7. Provide your UBA Africard information
9.After clicking the PayPal Logo/Symbol, you will get to this page. Scroll down until you see Upgrade to a Business Account
10.Select: Upgrade to a Business Account
11.Fill in your Business Info. Postal Code (00233)
12.Provide More information about your business and click Continue
13.Submit your information
14. Click on Set Up Payment
15. Confirm your UBA Card. Look at the top right hand corner, where your Profile is and click on the symbol. NB: Make sure you have already confirmed your e-mail address
16.Please NOTE this carefully. Click on Link a new card and input your UBA card details AGAIN. Then click Continue. PayPal will immediately deduct $1.95 from your UBA account but it will be refunded after you confirm. Though you had already filled your UBA Card info, I repeat that you should click Link a new card to input them again, else you won’t receive the confirmation message and you can’t verify your account.
17. UBA will send you a code from PayPal so check your phone for an SMS from UBA. Provide the 4 numbers in the space provided on the next page.
18.You will receive an SMS alert from UBA so make sure the number you used to open UBA account is active. From the screenshot, you will see: DESC: PP*1565CODE
Copy the 4 numbers. NB: Numbers are not the same so don’t copy this. This is an example
Finally, input the 4 numbers you copied in the space provided. Hit Confirm Card, and yahhhooooooooo PayPal immediately refunds your money into your UBA account.
YOU NOW HAVE A VERIFIED PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO BE USED FOR YOUR ONLINE TRANSACTIONS. ENJOY…PayPal, the smart choice for business.
IN MY NEXT ARTICLE AM GOING TO TEACH YOU HOW TO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM PAYPAL ACCOUNT INTO YOUR UBA ACCOUNT OR MOBILE WALLET SO KEEP YOUR EYE ON THIS BLOG....