You can also share different types of multimedia such audio, pictures, video etc. Maps and contact sharing facilities are also available in the WhatsApp app. But if we talk about different file format file which you may want to share at a time WhatsApp doesn’t let you do this.
WhatsApp has also restrictions. It has maximum size limit of videos which you can share (it is 16MB). Although you can compress your video, before sending but there is certainly a limit beyond which you cannot share the video. Also if we talk about image media, WhatsApp compresses your photo before sending. The difference between original and sent one may not be clearly visible in mobile devices but if you see them in desktop there is clearly a huge difference between them.
So in this article, I will guide you for an alternate way which lets you share files of different format without difference in quality to share through WhatsApp.
Steps for sharing files of different format on WhatsApp
- Download and install Dropbox on your android device. Sign for a free account and login into it.
- Download and install CloudSend for your device. Authorize the CloudSend app. It will make a folder named CloudSend in your DropBox app.
5. If your file has large size, you may have to wait for some time. Also it may take a longer time as compare to usual if you have slow internet connectivity. This is the one side of CloudSend app which has time delay problem. But main important thing is its other side, which lets you send file of any size (No Size limitation).
6. When the file gets upload on the Dropbox server, you will be provided with the two option viz. Copy and Share. Copy option is for copying the file link.
9. Your friend can download the file by opening it in his/her browser.